Tuesday, November 16, 2010

No "traditional medicine" for me, thanks...

This experience is what opened my eyes to the dangers of “traditional medicine”. I can’t help but realize where we would be if I had taken the advice of Dr. G and had my son put on antipsychotic drugs at the age of 7. From this point on, I made a point of doing my own research and educating myself about any health condition that I’m not familiar with. Before this experience, I have always been a questioning person, never one to believe any and everything that I’m told. That’s why I enjoyed my work as a paralegal so much. The idea of being able to answer my own questions and educate myself without being at the mercy of someone else who probably doesn’t do anything but follow instructions is BIG for me!

The purpose of this blog to bring information to people who may not have my gift for research into the inner workings of this disease and want to learn more about “how cancer works”. When my husband and then my mother were diagnosed, I did countless hours of research on what we could do to help boost their immune systems and even what vitamins we could take to make the process of chemotherapy less damaging for them. I learned all about various alternative therapies – some that hold more water than others. The point is, all the information can be found here, in either a link or an article that I’ve posted on this site. I've included information about specific vitamins that I recommend and even where you can buy them at a discount (sorry, I don't pay full-price for anything!) I will be including links to research that has been done on vitamins and how these can be helpful. I'll even include information on whether we tried them and what our results were.

There are several people whom I have “met” (in the virtual sense, mostly via email and sometimes via telephone) whose generous sharing of information may have made a difference in the eventual outcome of my husband’s and my mother’s diseases. They’re not quite out of the woods yet. Their diagnoses are only 6 and 5 months out at this point. They’re both doing well, I believe, because of the many things I learned that we’re doing. My husband is the only cancer patient that looks better AFTER his diagnosis than he did BEFORE he was diagnosed. He actually GAINED weight on chemotherapy, something that even his oncologist marveled at.

I hope my research and the links to these alternative or complementary therapies will be beneficial to you or someone you love. I have even included some information on HOW and WHY cancer may be so prevalent in our society in 2010. Since they were both diagnosed a few months ago, 5 more people (family and friends) have been diagnosed. This is nothing short of an epidemic and I don’t believe our government has our best interests in mind. Please take this information and PLEASE feel free to share your experiences. It’s great for us to learn from each other and try to help each other.

Peace and blessings!

D

No comments:

Post a Comment